In keeping with our emphasis on personal excellence, ECA is accredited by:
- AdvancED (Formely SACS)
- The Alabama Independent School Association (AISA)
- The Association of Christian Teachers and Schools (ACTS)
- National Council for Private School Accreditation (NCPSA)
ECA has also been named a “Blue Ribbon School” by the Alabama Independent School Association (AISA). Only a small percentage of the over 60 AISA schools received this recognition. To explain the award, the criteria are as follows:
- Accredited with no deficiencies noted or outstanding.
- All professional staff meets or exceeds the SACS/AISA professional criteria.
- SAT performance meets and/or exceeds the AISA complete battery average (60%) in grades 2, 4, 6, and 8; and/or AISA complete battery overall average is higher than the school’s national ability overall average score.
- Extra-curricular opportunities in all of the following areas:
- Academic competition
- Athletic competition
- Arts competition
- Clubs and organizations
- Community Service
- Excellent physical appearance of school (buildings and grounds).
- On-going process of school improvement. A school improvement plan is required.
- A school-wide technology plan must be developed and implemented — Internet access to faculty and students; all students with Alabama Virtual Library cards; designated (not shared) school web-site; media center with Internet access; a computer curriculum for all grades (K5-12), this may be included in the technology plan; and an adequate number of computers for school student population.